Are you searching for a fun and creative things kids can do in Dubai?
Do you call the city home or you are visiting Dubai?
Search no further.
Dubai isn’t just a city for adults. It is an incredible city for children of all ages as well and there are always something new to discover.
I have compiled some fun and creative things and places kids and young adults can do in Dubai. Best of all, as an adult, you’ll love these activities as well.
Fun and Creative Things Kids Can Do in Dubai
Concerts and Shows
Plenty of locations to see concerts and shows are found throughout Dubai. While you may want to break off for a bit to check out the Dubai Opera or the Music Room, these generally aren’t the best activities for small children (although there is the occasional show geared towards older children). Instead, you may want to check out one of these other options.
- Dubai Community Theatre and Arts Centre – While the Dubai Opera features more adult-based opera shows, the Dubai Community Theatre and Arts Centre has shows perfect for all ages. Make sure to check out the website ahead of time to see what kind of shows are going on.
- Youth Theater for Kids also called “Kids Theatre Works“. Here courses are conducted for children who love to act, which can last from a single-day class to extended learning opportunities.
If you are visiting for an extended period of time and want to find something your child can enjoy without you needing to be around on a full-time basis, this is a great location to check out.
Visit their website to see the up-to-date listing of available courses and the different destinations around town.
- Located on the second floor of the Dubai Mall
- Open Monday through Sunday, 10 a.m. until 10 p.m.
If the name sounds a bit familiar, that is because KIDZANIA has a few other locations around the world, including Tokyo, Jakarta, Lisbon, Santa Fe, and others.
KIDZANIA DUBAI is an amazing destination for children. It is designed to offer both children and parents alike a healthy, educational location where children can actually play some of their favourite jobs.
Whether the dream of your kid is to become a firefighter, a scientist, or police officer, s/he will get to try out the activities here. Best of all, kids are paid for their work with rewards which they can use to buy fun items to take home.
Dubai Chocolate and Candy Shops
Want something delicious to please your sweet tooth? Here are the places to visit.
- Armani/Amal – A delicious location for some of the best dinner and sweet options. So whether you want dinner or you just want a sweet treat, make sure to check this one out.
- Vintage Chocolate Lounge – This is a place both you and your child can fall in love with. Open at 10 a.m. daily — why not show up, pick out your chocolate, and just kick back? There’s nothing better than lounging with some delicious chocolate.
- Located inside Creek Park Gate 1, Umm Hurair 2
- Open Monday through Sunday, 11 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Who doesn’t love dolphins? Dubai Dolphinarium an aquarium designed specifically for dolphins. Known as one of the smartest animals on the planet, there is so much to love about this location.
The dolphinarium is the first of its kind in the Middle East. See the dolphins live and enjoy the display they put on in the expansive dolphinarium pool.
- Located at Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road (E311) in the City Centre Mirdif on the first level
- Open Monday through Sunday, 10 a.m. until 10 p.m.
Little Explorers is a great interactive learning centre and the place to be for your child.
Take your child away from the television and tablet screens and let them enjoy what this great location has to offer.
Sharjah Discovery Centre
- Located at Al Dhaid Road, Al Gharayen Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Open Sunday through Thursday, 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. and Friday through Saturday, 4 p.m. until 8 p.m.
It has been proven many times over, the best way for children to learn is through hands-on activities. That is exactly what Sharjah Discovery Centre does as it allows children of all ages to come in and really dive right into a host of activities like climbing walls perfect for small children to driving self-propelled cars, with rotating exhibits.
No matter how many times you visit the Discovery Centre, Sharjah, you’ll always be amazed at what all there is kids can do. Children under the age of three are granted free entrance.
Dubai Kid-Friendly Restaurants
Children are welcome in most restaurants. If you want to bring your young child to an upscale location for dinner, it is recommended to go a bit early to avoid the dinner rush.
Yet, there are other destinations that are family-friendly. Here are some of the best kid-friendly restaurants.
- The Edge – This isn’t a specific kids’ restaurant, but it has an excellent kids’ menu. So, if you want a fantastic restaurant in Dubai where you can avoid over-the-top children’s flare but still have a great children’s menu, this is the place to go.
- Time Out Dubai – This is a high-end cafe that allows you to pick out exactly what you want from the selection tables. This way, everyone can have exactly what they want. Everyone is happy.
Products and Accessories
Before you head out to any of the activities with your child, make sure everyone has a pair of comfortable shoes. This is a must.
Next, consider a swimming suit. At some of the destinations, you and your child may get wet, so a swimming suit is a plus. Also, make sure to have water on hand. Even if you’re only outside for a small amount of time, it is easy to become thirsty. Whether you buy water along the way or bring a water bottle, it is small but easy and extremely important.
This is just a small sampling of the best fun and creative things kids can do in Dubai.
While the sampling is enough to entertain and excite, one of the best ways to find additional activities is to just keep your eyes open while around town exploring.
If you found this article helpful, let your friends know about it by sharing the article with them. Maybe you can help them know about some of the fun and creative activities their kids can do in Dubai, too!
If you have suggestions about your favourite child-friendly activities in Dubai, or need help planning your Dubai trip, feel free to email me back. I will love to hear from you.