There are lots of romantic restaurants in Dubai where you can go with your partner to celebrate your anniversary or first date.
After you have spent the day about town, retire and kick-start your celebration at one of the city’s restaurants that serve good food in a romantic setting.
Among the long list of places to eat in Dubai, many of which serve traditional fare, a few go beyond the imagination.
Listed below in no particular order, are the top romantic restaurants in Dubai that feature exceptional cuisine, breathtaking views, and are ideal for your anniversary or special day.
Top 11 List of the Most Romantic Restaurants in Dubai
I like food. I like eating. And I don’t want to deprive myself of good food. – Sarah Michelle Gellar
Situated on stilts at the end of the pier by the Arabian Sea, Pierchic has won “Best Romantic Restaurant” from Time Out Dubai three years in a row.
The atmosphere is magical as you stroll along the wooden pier or dine outdoors and gaze at the sun setting over the Arabian Sea.
However, the cuisine is simply marvelous with specialties like poached lobster with a Dijon mustard sauce or a tuna Carpaccio and king crab pannacotta. If you have a sweet tooth, you will savour their banana toffee pudding or blue cheese crème brule.
Address: Al Sufouh Road, Al Qasr Hotel, Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai
Tel: +971 4 366 6705 – Opening Hours: 12 – 3pm, 7pm – 11:30pm
If you want to see Dubai from a different perspective, consider booking seats on the Bateaux Dubai dinner cruise.
Designed in Paris from glass, this ship offers every guest a panoramic view from any seat.
Ideally, the ship holds around 200 people for dinner cruises, and it runs from 8:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. nightly. You will savour a four-course meal, with offerings including chevre goat’s cheese, seafood risotto, and orange chocolate brownies with peanut butter ice cream.
Address: Baniyas Road, opposite the Emirates NBD Head Office, Deira, Dubai
Tel: +971 4 814 5553 – Opening Hours: 8:30pm – 11:00pm
STAY (the acronym for Simple Table Alléno Yannick) was created by French-Michelin three-star Chef Alléno Yannick.
Here you will experience the ultimate in fine dining in an elegant dining room, decorated with high timber walls, intimate booths, and black chandeliers providing mood lighting.
STAY remains different from nearby restaurants by not only serving contemporary European cuisine like spit-roasted leg of lamb but also offering a “dessert library” where you may taste samples and then order treats prepared in front of you.
Address: One & Only The Palm – Dubai
Tel: +971 4 440 1010 – Opening Hours: 7pm – 11:00pm
Located on the 122nd floor of the Burj Khalifa tower, this modern lounge has earned the title of the Guinness World Record for the Highest Restaurant from Ground Level.
Being this far up, you will have access to different views of the city.
The restaurant uses fresh and local meats and produce, and you will feast on options like lobster lasagna with sautéed spinach, free-range Australian lamb, and tropical sorbet.
Address: 122nd Floor, Burj Khalifa, Downtown Dubai
Tel: +971 4 888 3828 – Opening Hours: 12:30pm – 4:30pm, 6:30pm – 11:00pm
5. Pad Thai
For a truly romantic and flavourful experience, I would recommend Pad Thai, Dubai.
The restaurant is located along the waterways of the Madinat Jumeirah; you will start your experience by taking a scenic abra ride to arrive at the restaurant. And then your palate awakens.
It’s no surprise the restaurant has won the Best South-East Asian Restaurant Award from Time Out Dubai for more than four years in a row.
The restaurant offers dishes like crispy beef with coriander, garlic, and chili sauce or tiger prawns in a red curry sauce, as well as a mango sticky rice pudding for dessert.
Address: Dar Masyaf Hotel, Madinat Jumeirah Al Road – Dubai
Tel: +971 4 366 6740 Opening Hours: 6:30pm – 11:30pm
6. Karma Kafe
This trendy Asian-fusion lounge is one of my favourites. Karma Kafe offers a boisterous and welcoming setting with an extensive menu.
This newly renovated upscale restaurant is located right in the heart of Souk Al Bahar in downtown Dubai.
The menu features classic favourites like sushi and sashimi, signature rolls and nigiri, tasty soups, and Chinese main course dishes.
The angry chicken served with fiery red sauce stands out from the rest.
Address: Souk Al Bahar, Downtown Burj Khalifa, Dubai
Phone: +971 4 423 0909 – Opening Hours: 3:00 PM – 2:00 AM
Pierre Gagnaire found the perfect location in Dubai’s Intercontinental Festival City to open his restaurant. This upscale restaurant has much more to offer beyond its traditional, iconoclastic French-inspired menu.
- Location and interiors: Upon entering, you may find the regal setting of the restaurant very convivial. Mauve chandeliers, matching carpets, and plush seating make the venue look like a palace dining setting.
- Menu: At this world-class dining joint, expect to find classic French favorites such as foie gras, agneau (lamb), soufflé, and truffles. Each dish, from the kitchen of Michelin-starred Pierre Gagnaire, may seem like a masterpiece on your table. What makes the dishes more interesting is the juxtaposing flavor that brings together the culinary experience of the head chef and skills of every other chef in his team.
Address: InterContinental Dubai Festival City, Festival Blvd – Dubai
Phone: +971 04 701 1111 – Opening Hours: 12pm. – 11pm
8. Rhodes W1
At Rhodes Mezzanine, you will be surprised with some palate-pleasing dishes from the kitchen of the Michelin star chef Gary Rhodes.
- Location and interiors: Apart from the innovative menu inspired by Chef Rhodes, you will love the restaurant’s unique interiors, chic seating, imperial chandeliers, and idealistic candelabrums. This opulent restaurant is located in the Governor House Hotel on the Al Sofouh Road.
- Menu: The restaurant truly stands by its name and serves all types of quintessential British food. Extensive collections of aromatic teas, sandwiches, tantalizing desserts, traditional sea trout, and the chef’s special three- and four-course meals are perfect for your date-night dinner.
Address: Al Sufouh Road, Grosvenor House Dubai – Dubai Marina
Phone: +971 4 317 6000 – Opening Hours 7pm – 11:30pm
For some lip-smacking Bangkok-style seafood and an indulgent romantic dining experience, visit the Thiptara in Dubai.
- Location and setting: Located right in the heart of the Palace Downtown in Dubai is this regal restaurant that overlooks the scenic Burj Lake. Plus, you can enjoy the gorgeous views of the Dubai Fountain Show from here.
- Menu: This waterfront restaurant is well-known for its contemporary Royal Thai cuisine. Enjoy some Thai-spiced foods, fusion dishes, and scrumptious seafood dishes prepared carefully to entice every palate.
Address: The Palace Downtown Dubai – Dubai
Phone: T: +971 4 888 3444 – Opening Hours 6pm – 11:30pm
This extravagant dining venue overlooks the private marina of the Palm Resorts.
- Location and Setting: Delicious food, chic interiors, and the pulsating nightlife at the 101 Bar and Lounge are perfect for your date night outing. Also, the restaurant’s elaborate menu will not disappoint you. At 101, you will enjoy gorgeous views of the private marina, an energetic vibe, and great foods.
- Menu: The menu features many finger foods, including modern tapas, Mediterranean classics, and freshly made salads and seafood dishes.
Address: West Crescent, The Palm Jumeirah – Dubai
Phone: +971 4 440 1030 – Opening Hours 11:30am – 2am
Nestled on the picturesque Dubai Creek is this beautifully maintained and plush restaurant.
- Location and Setting: The restaurant’s location makes this dining venue more romantic. Guests can enjoy scenic sunsets and gorgeous creek views. The interiors are complete with regal decors, plush seating, soft lighting, and contemporary furnishings. The outdoor terrace venue has enough seats for a large group.
- Menu: At Boardwalk, you will find innovative Mediterranean cuisine. Indulge in this beautiful setting and relish the oven-roasted meat dishes, stone-fired pizzas, and freshly tossed salads on your special day.
Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club, Opposite Deira City Centre,Garhoud, Dubai
Phone: +971 4 295 6000 – Opening Hours Weekdays 12pm – midnight, Friday and Saturday: 8am – midnight
As you contemplate which romantic eating place in Dubai to dine at for your anniversary, remember to call ahead for reservations as all of these Dubai restaurants get busy, especially on weekends. Do remember to dress accordingly too.
Over to you
If this article is valuable to you, please share it on social media and also let me know your favourite romantic restaurant in Dubai in the comments