In Dubai, we live a fast-paced lifestyle of New York and the sophistication of Paris combined.
Jacquelyn Smith in her article on Forbes.com, 14 Things Successful People Do on Weekends, reveals how important it is to spend time with family, exercise, socialize, go on vacation, and pursue a passion, among other things on a weekend.
It is necessary to keep a work-life balance, and the city of Dubai has got you covered. There are plenty of weekend activities you can do with friends and family or as an individual.
How to Get the Best Out of Your Weekend in Dubai
Spend Time with Family
Dubai is an ideal family weekend getaway choice, as the sun is always shining on you during your stay. This beautiful city has plenty of great family attractions that will provide memories for all. These attractions include:
- Children City is located in the Dubai Creek Park, as it has endless educational attractions that will provide great family fun.
Gate 1, Creekside Park – Al Riyadh St – Hours: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM – Tel: 04 334 0808
- Ski Dubai is a ski resort in a situated in a shopping mall. It offers skiing and snowboarding in a unique family setting. If you are a novice to winter activities, no worries as ski and snowboarding lessons are available, but it is wise to secure a spot in advance because class space is not assured.
Mall of the Emirates – Sheikh Zayed Rd – Dubai – Hours: 10:00 AM – 1:00 AM
- Wild Wadi is one of the best water parks in Dubai. The water park situated beside the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. The park features a variety of water slides, surfing pools, and other water attractions. There are plenty of sit-down food outlets that are a fitting end to a perfect family adventure.
Jumeirah Road, Next to Jumeirah Beach Hotel – Umm Suqeim 3 – Hours: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM – Tel: 04 348 4444
- Dubai Miracle Garden is a place you should visit if you love natural beauty, outdoors, and beautiful flora and fauna. You can enjoy the outdoors as well as the surrounding beauty as you stroll around this popular attraction. Dubai Miracle Garden is the biggest flower garden in the world, and a visit to the centre is one of the best ways to get the best out of your weekend in Dubai.
Al Barsha South 3, Al Barsha, Dubailand Area – Phone 04 422 8902
- You cannot be in Dubai without experiencing a bumpy ride through the desert. No better course to achieve this goal than taking a Desert Safari. Never a dull moment, as there are enough outdoor activities to choose from. You can ride a camel or quad bikes up-and-over the sand dunes. Moreover, don’t forget to enjoy the view of Dubai from a distance, especially on a bright day.
Pursue a Passion
Sometimes, you need to get away from Dubai city and rekindle your passion. You can head to the Jebel Shams Resort. It is a mountain resort that takes you away from the hustle-and-bustle of city life.
The resort is a beautiful place to unwind from a grueling work week. As a guest, you can challenge yourself by hiking the Hajjar Mountain that overlooks the Wadi Al Ghul. You can also spend the afternoon visiting the Hoota Caves that lie underneath the resort.
Be sure to make a reservation in advance, as this will ensure access inside the caves. In the evening, you can relax in either a hot spa or deep-tissue massage.
Keep Fit – Outdoor Yoga
If you enjoy taking yoga classes, you can benefit from the excellent weather in Dubai and join one of the free classes in the parks or on the beach in Dubai.
Visit other Emirates
Another way you can get the best out of your weekend in Dubai is by travelling to the Emirate of Ras al-Khaimah.
Ras al-Khaimah offers luxury waterfront resorts that serve as an elegant backdrop to the red sandy beaches. The city is another top tourist destination in the United Arab Emirates. Visitors and residents view Ras al-Khaimah as their personal playground for sailing, swimming, and golf.
Getting the best out of your weekend in Dubai would be incomplete without an afternoon shopping spree.
Most shoppers go to the Dubai Mall, but there is no better place to begin your day in the mall than inside The Design Shop. The shop dazzles with glitz and glamour, but at the same time, you can enjoy the various artworks, unique designs, and unusual gift items. Not all the products are regional, as some of the store items have an international flair.
Catch Up With Friends
Catching up with friends is a perfect weekend option, and it can start with an excellent dining experience. There is no better choice than Zuma, a contemporary Japanese restaurant that specializes in sushi, but don’t disregard their grill menu.
The dining area is spacious and spread out over two rooms. Another consensus is to try the Wagyu Beef Tartare served with truffles, as it will be the talk among your friends till Sunday morning.
To conclude a weekend of catching up with friends, you and your friends could head over to the Jetty Lounge, located at the One & Only Royal Mirage Hotel, Jumeirah Beach.
Entertainment comes with a modern twist here, as all guests enjoy fabulous cocktails and live music inside this popular venue. The Jetty Lounge doubles as an excellent beach bar where you can relax under the stars on the outdoor patio.
Take control of your weekends and do things that make you happy so you can start your workweek on a happy note and be more productive. Meanwhile, let me know how Hdo you get the best out of your weekend in Dubai in the comments below.