Are you transiting for some hours or visiting Dubai for a few days? I know there is so much to see and do in the city, so I have put together a list of 15 fun things you can quickly do in Dubai.
Dubai has transformed itself into one of the must visit vacation hot-spots in the world. The city is no longer that desert outpost that you rest at before continuing your journey. Now, tourists are coming in even for a short time to see all of the hidden gems, as there is more to Dubai than tall and flashy buildings.
If you have limited time visiting Dubai, here is a list of fun things you can do in Dubai.
1) The Jumeirah Mosque is considered to be one of the most beautiful structures in Dubai. It is a wonderful example of Islamic architecture, as visitors marvel at the detail in the stonework. The beauty of the mosque comes out best at night under a moonlit sky.
You can undertake a one-hour guided tour of the mosque even as a non-Muslim.
2) Desert Safari is one of the best tours offered in Dubai, as your adventure begins riding over the dunes in a Hummer. After a soothing camel ride, you will enjoy a catered dinner and finish the night off being entertained by authentic belly dancers.
3) No question that Burj Khalifa is Dubai’s most famous skyscraper, as it is the tallest building in the world. You can enjoy a birds-eye view of the city from atop the observation deck. Burj Khalifa at the top entry ticket is on sale throughout the day.
4) The Waterparks – Atlantis The Palm Aquaventure or Wild Wadi provide a fun day for all, as youngsters can enjoy the various water rides while the adults can have fun staying afloat in the wave pool. Every water slide is extremely high, but they offer such a thrilling ride into a waiting pool.
5) One of the city’s top attractions is The Dubai Aquarium, which houses underwater species from different parts of the world. You can enjoy a glass-bottom boat ride to observe the fishes or swim near the sharks that are darting through the various elevated water tanks.
6) From November through March, the locals flock to the Dubai Camel Race Course and witness a favourite local sport. Unfortunately, the races only occur on Thursday and Friday during the racing season.
7) The Dhow Dinner Cruise is a memorable evening for all, as you will enjoy an exquisite meal with friends and family while travelling around the marina or Deira Creek. The evening is cap off with a spirited performance from a local Arabian dance troupe.
8) Dubai Autodrome offers so much to the car enthusiast; as you can learn about the rich history of the automobiles, then take a ride on any of your favourite fast cars in a safe environment. Your afternoon can easily turn into a late night adventure at this attraction.
9) The Dubai Fountain show is different, but still a very entertaining show. The synchronized fountain movement is brilliantly choreographed to a wonderful soundtrack and can shoot up to 500 feet during each performance.
10) It is not too often that a short plane ride can into a 13,000-foot freefall jump, but that often occurs with Skydive Dubai.
Their team of expert jumpers provides a thrilling experience, and all of it is captured on video for you to keep for memories.
11) Arts Night in Al Quoz is a wonderful gathering of talented musicians and expression artists, which has attracted thousands of people to this small neighbourhood. This event is a part of the Dubai Food Festival, and the performances and exhibits have created a buzz within the city.
12) The desert offers such incredible beauty, as most visitors would love the opportunity to ride a camel over the dunes. The Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve can make dreams come true and so much more.
You can learn about the culture that once called the desert it’s home and observe the wildlife roaming around during one of their outdoor excursions.
13) Visit the Dubai Museum located in Al Fahidi Fort, has been open since 1971. The galleries of this Museum present scenes from the Creek, Mosques, traditional Arab houses, date farms, desert and marine life, as well as the souk.
Admire some artifacts that were found during several excavations in the Emirate. You can find further information about the Museum and its visiting hours at their website.
14) Play Golf at The Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club. Some of the best and most spectacular golf courses in the world are in Dubai this city. Moreover, Dubai was voted by the International Golf Tour Operators Association as the leading golf destination in the world.
15) Pamper yourself at any of the luxury hotels in Dubai. Staying at one of the new premium hotels is another way to enhance your time in this fascinating destination and can make your trip all the more enjoyable.
Explore and experience the gorgeous city of Dubai with me. Whether you want to visit Dubai for a short or long stay, visiting alone or with your family, let me help you put together a list of fun things you can do in Dubai now.