Dubai’s restaurant scene is thriving and very trendy, everyone has their favourite eating places. The choices are becoming more difficult each passing year.
The growing interest in setting up a restaurant in Dubai took off with the influx of esteem chefs like Jamie Oliver and Pierre Gagnaire and the arrival of quality restaurants like The Ivy and Nobu into the marketplace. As a result, Dubai has become one of the top food destinations in the world.
You likely already know many of these Dubai restaurants if you have spent any time in Dubai but if you are new to Dubai and on a budget or you have friends visiting, and you wanted to show off your local knowledge below are my shortlists of budget friendly and high-end Dubai restaurants that you can visit but, of course, the list is endless.
17 Dubai Restaurants You Need to Know and Experience
1) Ravi is one of the top Pakistani restaurants in Dubai, as visitors from around the world come for a beautiful night of dining. Plenty of menu options to choose from, including a wide selection of kebabs. All the portions are generous and reasonably priced.
2) The Azur Restaurant is located inside the Raffles Hotel, overlooking a spectacular botanical garden. No question, their buffet is the best international cuisine served in the city, as the interior offers a great ambience to enjoy a meal with family and friends. Afterwards, it’s highly recommended to take a walk on the roof garden and enjoy a breathtaking view from high above.
3) The mood inside the Fukurou House is very calming with classical jazz music playing in the background and dimmed lights providing the perfect atmosphere for casual conversation. Let’s not forget that each entrée served is nothing short of elegant and cooked to the peculiar taste of each individual.
4) Center Cut at the Ritz Carlton Hotel is one of the great steakhouses in Dubai, as each plate comes with all the trimmings. The staff is very attentive when explaining the differences of each steak on the menu. This attention to detail is a nice touch and helps to provide a memorable evening for all.
5) Situated next to a creek, The Creekside Café, is the perfect location to capture a glimpse of Old Dubai. It’s the ideal breakfast shop to start your day. The menu is small, but each dish is cooked to order.
6) Quietly, Alto Mar has become the hidden gem in Dubai’s restaurant community. They have an excellent fresh seafood menu, as some of the favourites include Cod Fishcakes, Grilled Salmon and Slow-Cooked Sea Bass with Tomato Rice on the side. Each portion is large enough that there should be no room left for dessert.
7) Betawi is one of the top Indonesian restaurants in Dubai, as each entrée is cooked to perfection. One of the top choices on the menu is the Grilled Chicken that is lightly covered with a spicy Chili Paste Sauce, which will make you cry and crave for more. Don’t forget to order the Dadar Gulung pancake that is rolled with coconut and palm sugar, as each bite will melt in your mouth.
8) Qbara is one of the prime restaurant spots in Dubai, as the food is excellent, and the interior design provides the perfect atmosphere for a great culinary experience. The staff’s description of the menu makes each dish very appealing.
9) Fume is a great place to dine with friends while enjoying a relaxing evening at the marina. The menu offers a wide variety of fine dining, with a heavy flavour of Asian and South American cuisine.
10) Kerala food is very hard to duplicate, but Calicut Paragon matches the high standard easily. The menu has great seafood variety, as most patrons choose the catch of the day.
11) There are several places that offer an excellent variety of delicious sandwiches, but none can compare to S’wich’s gourmet ingredients. Their broad selection of sauces adds personality to each wrap served.
12) Pars Iranian Kitchen is one of the most well-regarded kitchens around Dubai. It is also one of the best places to get good local flavoured food. Try their fresh seafood, grilled meats, or luscious lamb if you are unable to find it anywhere else. One of the cool things about this place is they have an outdoor grill where they cook their food.
13) If you are looking for a little different food flair, this Moroccan-themed restaurant is a good fit. Amaz by Momo has got things like lamb tagine, couscous and Moroccan pastries. You should be aware that this is a dry kitchen meaning the restaurant does not serve any alcohol.
14) One of the best things about the food at Bu Qtair is the portion sizes. You will find smaller sizes during the lunch hour, but if you go to Bu Qtair for dinner you will be able to order both larger and smaller dishes. Seafood is the word of the day here and the freshest seafood in Dubai is found here.
15) Another great spot to try that is one of the most authentic meals around is at Al Mallah. This place has been around forever and serves up some delicious and affordable Lebanese fast food. You can also have this food whatever time you like; early, late, or anytime in between.
16) Karachi Darbar is the home of fabulous Indian and Pakistani dishes, the food at Karachi Darbar is out of sight. Try their delicious curries, and you cannot forget a trip there again with their lassi.
It is one of the most authentic places to eat around Dubai, and it has been here cooking food in its distinct vessel forever! Enjoy!
17) Kan Zaman Restaurant Dine near the Dubai Heritage Village in the historic district of Bur Dubai at al fresco tables overlooking excellent sea views. The cuisine is a mix of international dishes and more traditional Arabian fare.
Listed above are my own short list of budget friendly and high-end Dubai restaurants around town; certainly there are more.