The Dubai Food Festival 2017 is here with an impressive selection of mouth-watering treats.
The event, which is in its 3rd edition, will run for a whole 17 days starting from the 25th of February.
This year there will be more than 1,000 restaurants taking part as well as 30 celebrity chefs indulging our taste buds with some delicious offerings. The full line-up and itinerary for the festival are ready. While there are some returning venues, there is also a host of new events location.
Some of the highlights of the festival include:
The central hub for the festival, the newly overhauled Etisalat Beach Canteen now at Sunset Beach off Jumeirah Beach Road, will have something for everyone. Over the duration of the festival along with 15 restaurant concepts, there are plenty of other activities including a farmer’s market, fitness classes, children’s activities, and a beach cinema. It is the place to be during the festival.
Dine with The Stars-Feb 25 and 26
Take the opportunity to eat with some of the luminaries of the culinary world. On the 25th, Chef Manal AL Alem will host a Middle Eastern evening. On the 26th there is a Chef extravaganza with a dinner organised by five global cooking stars.
Dubai Long Table-Feb 26
Join more than 1,000 guests for the first long table, which will be set up along Mohamed Bin Rashed Boulevard. You can enjoy one of six three-course menus crafted by master chefs. The event costs Dh160 per adult, and Dh90 per child between the ages of 6 and 12, children under 6 are free.
Fatafeat Kitchen, The Dubai Mall-Feb 26 and 27
The Arab world’s first and only food channel will be hosting live demonstrations, and the chance to meet some of the more well-known faces from its programmes, including Arda Turkmen, Lidia Bastianich, Daad Abu Jaber, Layla Fathalla, Mohammed Orfali, Sadiqa Ismail, Salma Sulaiman, Tarek Ibrahim and Wafaa Al Kandari.
The event is free, and will also include a question and answer panel, and competitions.
Eat the World Dubai, Burj Park-Feb 25 to 27
This event will bring street food from around the world to your table, along with some excellent music. Featuring 15 street food traders from as far away as London. The event also includes a market, cooking demonstrations and children’s activities.
Kids Dine Free-Feb 27
This event offers families the opportunity to enjoy a three-course dinner together, where children under 12 can dine for free. Multiple restaurants are participating in this event, which you can check out on the Dubai Food Festival website.
Global Village-Feb 25 to Mar 12
This popular family attraction is teaming up with the festival to bring you a wide range of authentic and delicious dishes at its many restaurants!
The above are just some of the highlights of the festival. However, there are plenty more, for example:
- Dubai Restaurant Week, which takes place between February 25th and March 5th
- Masterclass Series between February 26th and March 11th
- Local Greats Masterclass Series running from March 8th to 11th
- The Big Grill, at the Emirates Golf Club running on March 4th and 5th
- Signature Events, from February 25th to March 12th
- Signature Tastes from February 25th to March 12th
- Dubai Duty-Free Tennis Stadium from February 15 to the 27th
- Restaurant Masterclasses from March 1st to the 9th
- Gumball Park, BOXPARK from February 25th to March 12th
- Hidden Gems; Citywide running from February 25th to March 12th
- Cookie of Fortune, The Beach from February 25th to March 12th
- Street Nights, Bay Avenue in Business Bay on March 4th and 5th
- Taste of Dubai, Media City Amphitheatre running from March 10th to 12th
The Dubai Food Festival offers an excellent opportunity to have some quality time out, whether you are a food lover, or just want to learn how to cook like a chef. You should take the opportunity to visit several of these great culinary events during the festival.
For a full list of the festival schedules, learn more here http://www.visitdubai.com/en/discover/festivals/dubai-food-festival